Getting an old DUI conviction expunged

Getting an old DUI conviction expunged

Question: In California can I get a DUI from 20 years ago in Van Nuys Court expunged from my record?  The conviction is so old I was told that the Court doesn’t have the record anymore, but it shows up when the company I am trying to get a job with did a background check on me.  It is creating a hold on them hiring me and otherwise they would hire me.  If possible, I would like to get this expunged as soon as possible.  They even told me that if I had an attorney working on it that they would give me the job as long as the attorney sent a letter to them that he is working on it.

Answer: Yes, it is possible to get a DUI expunged, even an old conviction like yours.  Sometimes they take a little more work and research to get the file back to the court, but it can be done.

I handle expungements in Van Nuys and throughout Southern California regularaly and can help you.  I have also been in contact with employers to notify them that I am working on the expungement, termination of probation, etc. when applicable, so I know the drill.

Call me when you get a chance to discuss further.  I can be reached at 818-336-1384.   In the meantime, there is more information about it at:  Clear your California Criminal Record


Phil Hache
DUI & Criminal Defense Attorney
Handling DUI and Criminal matters throughout Courts in Southern California including Van Nuys, San Fernando, Burbank, Glendale, Pasadena, Metro, Bellflower, Alhambra, Malibu, Compton, Inglewood and other Courts.
Office in Sherman Oaks